1. Join E-Subscriptions
  2. Submit a Service Request
  3. Pay Your City Utility Bill
  4. Sign Up for a Class
  5. eTrakit/Online Permitting
  6. Employment Opportunities
  7. Buy Grand Theatre Tickets
  8. Watch Live Council Meetings
  9. Submit an Online Police Report
  10. Tracy Municipal Code
  11. Master Fee Schedule

City Departments

Complaints & Violations

If I suspect a violation how do I go about having it resolved or reporting it?

You may make contact with the property owner directly and request a resolution to the problem, or you may report violations to the Code Enforcement Division by calling (209) 831-6410. You can also report violations online through our Government Outreach System or by email at Main-Code.Enforcement@ci.tracy.ca.us. To best serve you as the reporting party, we prefer that your contact information be provided in case we need additional information from you. All information is confidential.

The following information must be included in order to investigate a complaint:

  1. A description of the alleged violation;
  2. The address of the violation, including the nearest cross-street and any other pertinent information which may be helpful;
  3. Your contact information (not required, but helpful).

Why haven’t I seen any action being taken on my complaint?

Most likely, the City has opened a case and discussions have begun with the property owner to resolve the violation. Typically, the City will notify the property owner of the violations found on the property once the complaint has been confirmed. We normally request that the property owner respond to us indicating they will resolve the violation in an acceptable time frame, that the violation has been resolved or that the property was not in violation. Our goal is to achieve voluntary compliance; however, if the property owner fails to comply with the City’s order, we begin a more formal legal process which may take an extended period of time to fully resolve.

What do I do if I receive a letter regarding my property?

The first notice you receive will more than likely be a Notice of Violation (NOV). This NOV is mailed to the property owner and a copy is also left at the property address at the time of inspection and confirmation that a violation actually exists. Upon receipt of the NOV, it is important that you contact the Code Enforcement Officer assigned to the case at your earliest convenience to clear up any of the following:

  1. The information in the letter is incorrect.
  2. The violation no longer exists.
  3. Additional clarification of the violation is required.
  4. You need additional time to bring your property into compliance.
  5. If you would like to discuss your options.

Once the allowable time specified on your NOV has expired, and the violations continue to exist, the City will move forward with more aggressive action, which may include administrative fines and criminal citations in order to abate the violations.

If it is determined that the violation does not exist, the case will be closed and no further action will be taken.

Once you’ve received a NOV, it is important that you contact the Code Enforcement Division soon as possible at (209) 831-6410. We will be happy to discuss the information outlined in your NOV and provide any and all options available to you. Our first priority is to bring violations into compliance through voluntary measures whenever possible.

Sitemap   |   Privacy Policy   |   Site Policy   |   Employee Login   |  
Bookmark and Share               
Website Design and Development by Jel